I’m thrilled to announce that Jan Martin McGuire has agreed to be the Featured Art for the 2012 festival! Jan in an internationally known wildlife artist from Bartlesville. I first met Jan some 20 years ago after we moved to Oklahoma, and have followed her career over the last 2 decades, becoming one of the top wildlife artists in the world.
April 15-22, 2020
Questions? Contact John Kennington at email@example.com or
Join the Oklahoma Audubon Council For An Amazing Prairie Experience! See and hear the quickly vanishing Lesser Prairie-Chicken displaying on its gobbling grounds. Come share and experience the natural heritage of the high plains of northwestern Oklahoma.
Festival Highlights Include:
* Lesser Prairie-Chicken viewing from vans
* Greater Prairie-Chicken viewing from vans in Osage County, Oklahoma
* An opportunity to actively participate in protecting the species by helping to mark fences
* Field trips led by local experts around northwest Oklahoma
* Special blind packages for photographers!
* Post-festival field trip to the Black Mesa, where Oklahoma meets the Rocky Mountains
* Post-festival field trip to the Wichita Mountains (where we’ll see Black-capped Vireos!)
* A variety of informative workshops and speakers