This is exciting! With the help of Dwayne Elmore, we have lined up a private ranch in Osage County (in northeast Oklahoma, next to the Nature Conservancy’s Tallgrass Prairie Preserve) on which to offer viewing of Greater Prairie-Chickens! We will do this as a pre-festival event, so folks wanting to get kick-@#$ views of the GPCH can arrive in Oklahoma a day before the main festival activities, and then head on over to Woodward to get the Lessers.
April 15-22, 2020
Questions? Contact John Kennington at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Join the Oklahoma Audubon Council For An Amazing Prairie Experience! See and hear the quickly vanishing Lesser Prairie-Chicken displaying on its gobbling grounds. Come share and experience the natural heritage of the high plains of northwestern Oklahoma.
Festival Highlights Include:
* Lesser Prairie-Chicken viewing from vans
* Greater Prairie-Chicken viewing from vans in Osage County, Oklahoma
* An opportunity to actively participate in protecting the species by helping to mark fences
* Field trips led by local experts around northwest Oklahoma
* Special blind packages for photographers!
* Post-festival field trip to the Black Mesa, where Oklahoma meets the Rocky Mountains
* Post-festival field trip to the Wichita Mountains (where we’ll see Black-capped Vireos!)
* A variety of informative workshops and speakers