Welcome to our first post for the 2013 Festival! Registration is now open, and we already have participants from 8 different states, from California to Massachusetts! We still have plenty of room, but I do want to point out that the Greater-Prairie-Chicken viewing is limited to 20 participants, and we are already more than half full. So if you are wanting to come to Oklahoma and get both species send your registration in ASAP! Feel free to call John Kennington at 918-809-6325 with any questions.
April 19-26, 2017
Questions? Contact John Kennington at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Join the Oklahoma Audubon Council For An Amazing Prairie Experience! See and hear the quickly vanishing Lesser Prairie-Chicken displaying on its gobbling grounds. Come share and experience the natural heritage of the high plains of northwestern Oklahoma.
Festival Highlights Include:
* Lesser Prairie-Chicken viewing from blinds or vans
* Greater Prairie-Chicken viewing from blinds in Osage County, Oklahoma
* An opportunity to actively participate in protecting the species by helping to mark fences
* Field trips led by local experts around northwest Oklahoma
* Special packages for photographers!
* Post-festival field trip to the Black Mesa, where Oklahoma meets the Rocky Mountains
* Post-festival field trip to the Wichita Mountains (where we’ll see Black-capped Vireos!)
* A variety of informative workshops and speakers